Welcome to The Unofficial Bulletin Board of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to TBayBucs.com, the unofficial and independent message board of your Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You will need to register or login before you can post. If this is your first time on TBayBucs.com, you may refer to our Help Section as a reference for navigating our forums. If you need any assistance, please email us at admin@tbaybucs.com.

Go Bucs!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wow, the Bucs want me back....

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 PetePierson

PetePierson

Outlaw Pete

• Joined 07-May 10

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Just received a letter that I am one of the "few" getting the opportunity to get my old season tickets back. Not only that, in lieu of completely losing my deposit I will get to use it for food and beverages for the next season. Sweet, I get ripped off twice.

But according to the letter, I better hurry... this deal expires on Super Bowl Sunday!

Swell, now the Brothers' Glazer are acting like 'Crazy Eddie' (old Northeast reference) or some lame used car sales pitch. Oh yes, the future is indeed bright!~

#2 Mountaineer Buc

Mountaineer Buc

Excellentia in Mediocris

• Joined 05-May 10
  • Locationhere

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

What do they do? give you a little gift card to swipe your deposit away with?
Posted Image

#3 PetePierson

PetePierson

Outlaw Pete

• Joined 07-May 10

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

What do they do? give you a little gift card to swipe your deposit away with?

I would imagine it would be like a debit card?

Verbiage from letter:

...."If you purchase new Stadium Club seats by Super Bowl Sunday (February 6, 2011), the amount of your forfeited seas deposit will be reinstated to be used exclusively for food and beverage as well as any merchandise purchased at Raymond James Stadium during the Buccaneers 2011 season. You will not be required to pay another seat deposit or sign a long term contract".

Not sure if the beverage includes alcohol but imagine it would since it is my money anyway. I know my initial post was a little tongue in cheek but it really is not that bad of a idea. Although, I would rather have just my money back.

Oh well, I knew the deal when I canceled.

#4 Mountaineer Buc

Mountaineer Buc

Excellentia in Mediocris

• Joined 05-May 10
  • Locationhere

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Well, they do end up keeping your deposit one way or another. I'd say the bright side is that you've paid to keep yourself lubricated at the game in advance.

Better that than nothing at all, I suppose.
Posted Image

#5 Xandtar

Xandtar

Never bet the avatar

• Joined 09-May 10
  • LocationRecuperating in Ga over Christmas

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Wait a minute, they're offering a 10 or 20 percent vendor discount to season ticket holders anyway and THEN you get the whole amount to spend over only ten games?

You're either gonna get bloated or floated, depending on whether you spend that amount on food or beverages. We're not talking about only two or three hot dogs per game here.

Locationsig.jpg

#6 Major Rhino

Major Rhino

• Joined 06-May 10

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

Something's fishy here. Is there a limit on what you can spend? I would just buy a **** load of merch and sell it on ebay or something.
Posted Image

#7 Mountaineer Buc

Mountaineer Buc

Excellentia in Mediocris

• Joined 05-May 10
  • Locationhere

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

Something's fishy here. Is there a limit on what you can spend? I would just buy a **** load of merch and sell it on ebay or something.

The only real fishy part I see is that the deposit is not refunded. It gets used in concessions, merchandise, or forfeited if unused. If you take a glass half full approach to it, you can keep yourself in dogs and beer without blowing any additional cash which is certainly better than simply getting screwed out of the deposit.

I personally would use the funds as needed while keeping track of the balance. Then make sure I spend the remaining balance on merchandise during the last home game.
Posted Image

#8 Crocaneers

Crocaneers

Staying Second

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationGatorland USA

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

Got one too Pete.

I lost it in the circular file .. the money I left on the table would pay for like 12 quarters (maybe)

#9 PetePierson

PetePierson

Outlaw Pete

• Joined 07-May 10

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

Got one too Pete.

I lost it in the circular file .. the money I left on the table would pay for like 12 quarters (maybe)

Also received an email and a phone call this week.

Mr. Pierson,

I hope this finds you well. My name is ****** ******** and I am contacting you on behalf of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. As a past season ticketholder, I wanted to reach out and offer you the opportunity to come back as an exclusive Stadium Club member.

You have the option to purchase seats as low as $149.50 and you will NOT be required to pay another seat deposit or sign a long term contract. In fact, the amount of your forfeited seat deposit will be reinstated to be used exclusively for food and beverage as well as any merchandise purchased at Raymond James Stadium.

I am also pleased to announce that for the 2011 season, you will receive the following benefits:

- Merchandise Discounts

- Access to exclusive events hosted by the Buccaneers players, coaches and/or alumni

- An invitation to a private kickoff event prior to the start of the season

- VIP training camp event exclusively for club seat holders

- Ability to pay ticket cost over eight (8) months

Please let me know if this is something you would like to pursue! You can contact me via email or directly at 813-870-2700 ext. 2510.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Go Bucs!

Edited by PetePierson, 29 January 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#10 Pewterslimsme

Pewterslimsme

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

'Crazy Eddie'

Blast from the past....INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

Also, I wasn't aware the ticket office employed trannys.

Edited by Pewterslimsme, 29 January 2011 - 08:33 PM.

#11 Stanger

Stanger

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Got the same letter, wound up taking them up on their offer, and I got a youth ticket for the kiddo as well. Mine weren't club seats either. I also took advantage of the 8-month payment plan too.

Drinks are on me :D
Posted Image

#12 Ludicrous_Speed

Ludicrous_Speed

Han shot first!

• Joined 06-May 10

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

You received a letter addressing you as "Mr. Pierson?" You're taking this internet persona way too far.

:D

#13 PetePierson

PetePierson

Outlaw Pete

• Joined 07-May 10

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

You received a letter addressing you as "Mr. Pierson?" You're taking this internet persona way too far.

:D

Who are you and what have you done with Crash?

And you of all people should know that I have no real life whatsoever.... :sad face:

Edited by PetePierson, 04 February 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#14 Mountaineer Buc

Mountaineer Buc

Excellentia in Mediocris

• Joined 05-May 10
  • Locationhere

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

And you of all people should know that I have no real life whatsoever.... :sad face:

You gave up looking for the Nixon tapes?
Posted Image

#15 PetePierson

PetePierson

Outlaw Pete

• Joined 07-May 10

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

You gave up looking for the Nixon tapes?

Found 'em. Now, I have nothing else to do... Juicy 17 minutes ta boot!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users