Welcome to The Unofficial Bulletin Board of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to TBayBucs.com, the unofficial and independent message board of your Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You will need to register or login before you can post. If this is your first time on TBayBucs.com, you may refer to our Help Section as a reference for navigating our forums. If you need any assistance, please email us at admin@tbaybucs.com.

Go Bucs!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Geno Hayes Arrested

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#59 TBBucs007

TBBucs007

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

DD you realize this happens ALL OVER THE LEAGUE right? Every team has problems with the law...do you think every coach should punish every player that ****s up? If so, there wouldn't be enough people to field teams. To say Morris has no control over his players is insane

#60 JJRedick7

JJRedick7

T to the rey

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

Further to previous posts re alcohol and women.

I would imagine there are few in the place. Check out the girls of the Blue Martini. :thumb:

http://www.bluemarti...irlsimages.html

MMMMMMM Blondie with the bangs is my fav.
Posted Image

#61 sgolan

sgolan

• Joined 16-November 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:48 PM

Morris has already ruled out dicipline and will be "handled" behind close doors.

This is the second time this bone head has done this, so he has a history.

We don't know what that discipline will be...so let's not assume we do, right?

As for handling things behind closed doors...that might be the right way to go for a young player. You publicly ridicule and punish him, and you may lose him. Try to do it "in the family" first...then go bigger when/if things persist.

#62 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

'The Grass Isn't Greener'- M. Dominik

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, FL

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

I know everyone here hates on DD, but he’s right about a lot of what he’s said about this incident. The players are ultimately the head coaches responsibility. No one is saying that a coach can be there to monitor their players 24/7. But they CAN dole out punishment when rules are broken. Not punishing Hayes for this incident absolutely does send a message to the other players. And it’s not a very good message. Sitting Hayes at least one quarter and hitting him with a hefty fine would send a much better message... not only to Hayes, but to his teammates as well. I think a more appropriate discipline would be to sit him a whole game and dock him one game check. Letting him start this Sunday is just totally wrong. You want your players to be disciplined? Well then discipline them!

send a message?? I mean you talk like the players are robots who can be programmed....Jerramy Stevens is no longer here, I think that message was sent....Charges against Hayes are misdemenor charges....Dock him a game check and they have an entirely different issue because then they'd have to deal with the NFLPA and they usually win in these situations....The responsibility of these players does not fall on the head coaches. It falls on the players themselves..They are not children, minors, toddlers..They are grown men who live their own lives and they have to be responsible for THEMSELVES...Throwing Morris into the equation is a weak, sad excuse you're making for the players..let them be men and own up to what they did..Dont sit up here and give BS about "well the head coach this and that..."

#63 Digital_Damage

Digital_Damage

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

You have a clause in your contract...That's different than "your boss has control over you.." If you have a job with such a clause then I'd assume your smart enough to realize the difference there...I also have similar dialogue in my contract from my employer and so does Geno Hayes...I know for a fact that you realize that it's not the responsibility of the head coach or your boss to enforce that contract OUTSIDE of the work place....So if you get arrested or anything, are you going to blame it on your boss?

The fault is not on the Boss for the player being arrested, it is their fault when the action (if any) is taken does to discourage similar behavior from other players/employee's. So it is his fault since he was not hard enough on the previous offenders. He should institute a curfew and those in violation will be dealt with severely. It is his responsibility to keep the players inline on and OFF the field by fostering personal discipline by fear or any method that is effective. If he can’t do something that simple he has no place being a coach or boss of anyone.

Morris has already worded his response in a manner that does not place the full blame on Hayes. He simply side stepped it with "even if you are right you are wrong" and to compound the issue he is not having Hayes sit out or publicly apologize to the people who pay his salary, the fans.

So to make the point, yes it is Morris’ fault for allowing these players to put themselves in those positions to begin with and not discipline the ones that ignore common sense.
Posted Image

#64 Digital_Damage

Digital_Damage

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

We don't know what that discipline will be...so let's not assume we do, right?

As for handling things behind closed doors...that might be the right way to go for a young player. You publicly ridicule and punish him, and you may lose him. Try to do it "in the family" first...then go bigger when/if things persist.

He has already made a statement that Hayes is playing next weekend reguardless. The "behind close doors" is a farce and obviously not working, like I said 4th incident just this year...
Posted Image

#65 Buc2

Buc2

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

DD you realize this happens ALL OVER THE LEAGUE right? Every team has problems with the law...do you think every coach should punish every player that ****s up? If so, there wouldn't be enough people to field teams. To say Morris has no control over his players is insane

Seriously? You're condoning this based on the "everybody else does it" defense? Wow. And, yes, every coach should punish every player that gets in trouble with the law. This isn't the days of Bronco Nagurski and the Galloping Ghost.
Posted Image

#66 bucprincess

bucprincess

Bucanista

• Joined 13-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

Sign Price!

:rofl:
Posted Image

#67 Digital_Damage

Digital_Damage

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:01 PM

send a message?? I mean you talk like the players are robots who can be programmed....Jerramy Stevens is no longer here, I think that message was sent....Charges against Hayes are misdemenor charges....Dock him a game check and they have an entirely different issue because then they'd have to deal with the NFLPA and they usually win in these situations....The responsibility of these players does not fall on the head coaches. It falls on the players themselves..They are not children, minors, toddlers..They are grown men who live their own lives and they have to be responsible for THEMSELVES...Throwing Morris into the equation is a weak, sad excuse you're making for the players..let them be men and own up to what they did..Dont sit up here and give BS about "well the head coach this and that..."

ok, I'm going to just call it like it is. You have crossed over in to ****ing idiot land. So you are effectively saying the Head coach is not the authoritive figure for the players? If they do not answer to the head coach who do they answer too?

Please explain to the class what is the job of the head coach?
Posted Image

#68 Buc2

Buc2

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:01 PM

So what's your solution to disciplinary infractions?
Posted Image

#69 sgolan

sgolan

• Joined 16-November 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

He has already made a statement that Hayes is playing next weekend reguardless. The "behind close doors" is a farce and obviously not working, like I said 4th incident just this year...

Every situation with every player needs to be dealt with on a player-to-player basis. You can't punish Geno harder because other guys did things. It CANNOT work that way, period.

Geno has not been in trouble at any point since he's been in Tampa [as far as I recall...please correct me if I'm wrong]. That said, this is a first offense situation for Geno...and, for that reason, perhaps an immediate suspension would be a bit harsh. Raheem probably "coached" him behind closed doors, which likely included a "this is your only warning" type of talking to.

I'm fine with it.

#70 TBBucs007

TBBucs007

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

Seriously? You're condoning this based on the "everybody else does it" defense? Wow. And, yes, every coach should punish every player that gets in trouble with the law. This isn't the days of Bronco Nagurski and the Galloping Ghost.

Yup. I am. I am saying this happens all the time-it shouldn't, but the fact is NFL players seem to be above the law where they can just get a slap on the wrist for doing something a normal person could go to jail for. I don't expect Morris to change the culture of the NFL, and to blame the coach for what his players do at 2 am is just ludicrous. You can't blame Morris for what happens-you can blame him for his discipline issues depending on what he does but to say he is a joke and doesn't have control over his team is nonsense.

#71 snesfreak

snesfreak

Voted "Best Poster" by posters named snesfreak

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:15 PM

DD is only happy when he can blame something on Morris.

#72 Digital_Damage

Digital_Damage

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

Every situation with every player needs to be dealt with on a player-to-player basis. You can't punish Geno harder because other guys did things. It CANNOT work that way, period.

Geno has not been in trouble at any point since he's been in Tampa [as far as I recall...please correct me if I'm wrong]. That said, this is a first offense situation for Geno...and, for that reason, perhaps an immediate suspension would be a bit harsh. Raheem probably "coached" him behind closed doors, which likely included a "this is your only warning" type of talking to.

I'm fine with it.

This is the second offense of this exact type in the last 3 years.

Hayes was arrested in another nightclub incident in Tallahassee in 2007. While attending Florida State University, Hayes was charged with three misdemeanor counts of assault on an officer, resisting arrest without violence and disorderly conduct. An officer used a stun gun on him in that incident, too.

Posted Image

#73 sgolan

sgolan

• Joined 16-November 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

Hayes was arrested in another nightclub incident in Tallahassee in 2007. While attending Florida State University, Hayes was charged with three misdemeanor counts of assault on an officer, resisting arrest without violence and disorderly conduct. An officer used a stun gun on him in that incident, too.

He was in college. It's not the same...sorry.

#74 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

ok, I'm going to just call it like it is. You have crossed over in to ****ing idiot land. So you are effectively saying the Head coach is not the authoritive figure for the players? If they do not answer to the head coach who do they answer too?

Please explain to the class what is the job of the head coach?

That's not what I said at all...Listen and try to understand. When these players leave the walls of their respective NFL team facilities, they live their own lives. If something happens, if they get into a car accident, if one of their children is sick, if they go through a divorce, they don't call their head coach and say "hey coach, what should I do?" It is their responsibility to take care of themselves and their own lives. Why is that so hard to understand? I'll ask you again, OUTSIDE of your work place, what responsibiity does your boss have over you? Do you have to check in with your boss every couple of hours? If something happens do you call you boss and tell them to deal with it? Truth be told, the REAL authoritive figure of the NFL is Roger Goodell. That's what his job is, discipline players and discourage such actions..

#75 TBBucs007

TBBucs007

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

so was that Morris' fault too? :rolleyes:

#76 Digital_Damage

Digital_Damage

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

That's not what I said at all...Listen and try to understand. When these players leave the walls of their respective NFL team facilities, they live their own lives. If something happens, if they get into a car accident, if one of their children is sick, if they go through a divorce, they don't call their head coach and say "hey coach, what should I do?" It is their responsibility to take care of themselves and their own lives. Why is that so hard to understand? I'll ask you again, OUTSIDE of your work place, what responsibiity does your boss have over you? Do you have to check in with your boss every couple of hours? If something happens do you call you boss and tell them to deal with it? Truth be told, the REAL authoritive figure of the NFL is Roger Goodell. That's what his job is, discipline players and discourage such actions..

You really are a dense one. The fact you are not making this connection is laughable.

When you sign that contract your *** belongs to your boss under the conditions stated in the contract. On or OFF the field, because of that is it your bosses responsibility to do what ever is required to enable you to follow the rules of that contract. If you can't take care of yourself at night it is your bosses job to enforce a curfew or cut you loose.

Under your theory no one is responsible for another individual. The whole command sctructure for civilization falls apart at that momment, we would have no use for leaders.
Posted Image

#77 sgolan

sgolan

• Joined 16-November 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

You really are a dense one. The fact you are not making this connection is laughable.

When you sign that contract your *** belongs to your boss under the conditions stated in the contract. On or OFF the field, because of that is it your bosses responsibility to do what ever is required to enable you to follow the rules of that contract. If you can't take care of yourself at night it is your bosses job to enforce a curfew or cut you loose.

Under your theory no one is responsible for another individual. The whole command sctructure for civilization falls apart at that momment, we would have no use for leaders.

Wait, what?

#78 Digital_Damage

Digital_Damage

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

so was that Morris' fault too? :rolleyes:

It is his fault that 4 players have been in trouble in one year. They don't respect is authority no are they scared of any dicipline.
Posted Image

#79 sgolan

sgolan

• Joined 16-November 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

It is his fault that 4 players have been in trouble in one year. They don't respect is authority no are they scared of any dicipline.

I see now...it's all very clear.

Your agenda shines through brightly. You don't like Raheem...so you're looking for things to blame on him.

Don't try so hard...it makes you look stupid.

#80 Luther

Luther

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

When this is happening everyother week you have to place the blame.... Morris has no control over his team.

It doesn't help that he isn't much older than the players.

#81 Captain Fear

Captain Fear

• Joined 06-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

I haven't read through all the back and forth here (just this page)....but to those claiming Morris doesn't do anything about his players acting up.......haven't we already seen that they pretty much get one chance otherwise they're out. Jerramy Stevens is gone. I don't know why most of you think Tanard is gonna be back next year because Raheem made it seem like he was pretty much gone. I'm sure if Geno was to make another mistake he'd be out as well. Same goes with Mike Williams. I would like to see exactly what he says to them behind closed doors, but we can't so I'm just hoping that's a one chance kinda deal like we've seen pretty much.

#82 Digital_Damage

Digital_Damage

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

I see now...it's all very clear.

Your agenda shines through brightly. You don't like Raheem...so you're looking for things to blame on him.

Don't try so hard...it makes you look stupid.

No, stupid would be not getting the point after 4 pages and still throwing a hail mary to distract from the subject.
Posted Image

#83 galloway123

galloway123

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

Tell me more about this curfew :rofl:. :rofl:

#84 sgolan

sgolan

• Joined 16-November 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

No, stupid would be not getting the point after 4 pages and still throwing a hail mary to distract from the subject.

No...your motives are KEY to understanding your position here. Again, you agenda is clouding your better judgment - and that's allowing you to make these enormous logical leaps in an effort to sling mud at Raheem...whom you obviously dislike.

Your motives are so clear, in fact, that I can virtually ignore your statements as nothing but baseless nonsense.

Stick to talking about the game...you have nothing intelligent to say about the other stuff.

#85 Digital_Damage

Digital_Damage

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

I haven't read through all the back and forth here (just this page)....but to those claiming Morris doesn't do anything about his players acting up.......haven't we already seen that they pretty much get one chance otherwise they're out. Jerramy Stevens is gone. I don't know why most of you think Tanard is gonna be back next year because Raheem made it seem like he was pretty much gone. I'm sure if Geno was to make another mistake he'd be out as well. Same goes with Mike Williams. I would like to see exactly what he says to them behind closed doors, but we can't so I'm just hoping that's a one chance kinda deal like we've seen pretty much.

The only reason Stevens is gone is because he was facing an indefiniate suspension from the league...

Edited by Digital_Damage, 13 December 2010 - 02:34 PM.

Posted Image

#86 Buc2

Buc2

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:35 PM

but to say he (Morris) is a joke and doesn't have control over his team is nonsense.

Just so long as you know I never said the above, we're cool. :)

I get what you and others are saying though. I liked what sgolon had to say about Geno not being in any trouble prior to this incident. In other words, let the punishment fit the crime. The main thing is that we don't know how this was handled behind closed doors so we shouldn't judge. I get that. I just feel some sort of punishment/discipline is warranted in this issue and, for all I or anyone else knows, there was.

Stepping of soapbox now.
Posted Image

#87 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

I'm getting this entire thing..What I don't get is why you are trying to make excuses for these grown *** men? By your theory, you're saying Jerramy Stevens had that weed on him because of Raheem Morris, not because of Stevens's own stupidity...By your theory, you're saying Geno got arrested because Raheem Morris wasn't stern enough, not because Geno was acting like a fool....You, sir, are making sad excuses for these players and THAT is what's laughable...You don't think players should be held accountable for their actions....By your theory Tom Coughlin, one of the toughest coaches in the league, is not respected at all because Plaxico Burress decided to carry a gun in NYC and it fired off...Nobody respects Coughlin because Burress is currently in prison and that entire incident was his fault..That's what you're saying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users