Welcome to The Unofficial Bulletin Board of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to TBayBucs.com, the unofficial and independent message board of your Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You will need to register or login before you can post. If this is your first time on TBayBucs.com, you may refer to our Help Section as a reference for navigating our forums. If you need any assistance, please email us at admin@tbaybucs.com.

Go Bucs!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Possible logo/uniform change for next year?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

• Joined 12-September 12
  • LocationNew Bern, NC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Posted Image

I think that the Bucs logo here is a great compromise between old and new. Pewter and orange. It's Bucco Bruce, without the effeminate 1970's look.

I'd be more than happy to sport this on our helmets.

Those are all pretty sick. A few of them don't like right for the classic styles of their team like the packers and jets but I agree with you on the Bucs logo.

Edited by BigSombrero, 23 October 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#32 Blue Goat

Blue Goat

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationHere

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Looks like Keith Richards modeled for the Raiders logo.

#33 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

I wouldn't be opposed if they didn't change anything, but added more orange. I posted a pic of a helmet I photoshopped a couple of years ago of an alternate look I would've loved to see. Everything stayed the same, but the pewter base color of the helmet was all white, and the logo stayed the same, except the red on the flag was changed to the creamsicle orange.
Posted Image

#34 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationToo far from Tampa Bay

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

BucsFan6000, has someone over there designed a bucs jersey that is pewter in color but with red numbering and orange outline to those numbers?

Would look sweet

None that I can remember. Most Bucs concepts involve a nod to the creamsicle day, like using the current logo on the old uniforms. The other common one is keeping what they have now, but changing the number font to match the wordmark (that font is called "Romulan Falcon", btw). That board has a forum devoted to concepts, and you might not need to be a member to look through it (I'm not 100% sure, though). So you can check it out for yourself and see if you like any of the members' ideas.

EDIT: I just signed out to make sure, and yes, you can look through the concepts forum without being a member.

Edited by BucsFan6000, 23 October 2012 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

#35 phantom phenom

phantom phenom

• Joined 19-December 10

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

why Atlanta Falcons new concept logo look exactly like Miami Redhawks ?

well sort of

Posted Image

Edited by phantom phenom, 23 October 2012 - 04:40 PM.

Posted Image

#36 BFT

BFT

DILLIGAF

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationPort St Lucie

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, that falcon looks stooopid.
Posted Image

#37 PetePierson

PetePierson

Outlaw Pete

• Joined 07-May 10

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Nike WILL make changes and a lot of them.... Book it.

2014Week4BizarroSigPete_zpsfc833fbb.png

#38 Pewterslimsme

Pewterslimsme

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Hideous
Posted Image

#39 TBBucs007

TBBucs007

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image

I think that the Bucs logo here is a great compromise between old and new. Pewter and orange. It's Bucco Bruce, without the effeminate 1970's look.

I don't like these. Too cartoonish IMO

#40 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Nike WILL make changes and a lot of them.... Book it.

Only if a lot of teams want Nike to make changes. They've said over and over that the decision to make design changes to logos and uniforms will come straight from the team. Despite what Nike may do for college, they are simply an equipment manufacturer when it comes to the NFL.
Posted Image

#41 SunTzu

SunTzu

• Joined 03-January 11

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

those are sexy as hell

#42 Harrigan

Harrigan

• Joined 11-May 10
  • LocationLeeds, UK

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

Can I just say, you guys have it good. Our city's professional Rugby League team has a new home/alternate Jersey every season. When I was a bit younger I used to get one every year but this year was the 1st time I bought one since I think 07. Anyway, here's our home jersey progression in recent times. Its money making stupidity.

Posted Image

As for the Bucs. I like the Creamsicle Jersey and it looked very good on Sunday, but I like the fact its a once a year thing. Im not sure I'd want it every week. Plus, how often do we actually win in it? Saying that, how often do we win in Pewter :D

#43 Beaves_OZ

Beaves_OZ

• Joined 10-December 11
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Rhinos eh??? One of the better teams in the UK superleague, I'm a mad NQ fan in the NRL, been a season ticket holder for 10 years.

Back on the Bucs, that updated logo is actually pretty sweet, some of the others not so much, that Panthers one looks woeful, same with the packers. The one thing that drew me to Tampa as a kid back in the early '90s was the creamsicle colours (and the fact all the metal bands I listened to were either from Tampa or recorded their albums at Morrisound). The new scheme and logo are great as well, and are no doubt far more aggressive and would cater to the youth of today, but IMO a blend of both would cover the spectrum of fans needs very well.

#44 Xandtar

Xandtar

Never bet the avatar

• Joined 09-May 10
  • LocationIn the land of cotton

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Posted Image

I vaguely recall the Raiders sued and won the right to the eyepatch, in what court or venue I don't recall but unless Bruce is a Raider he can only wink one eye shut not patch it.

And why is Adolf Hitler hiding inside the Fleur-de-Lis?

Edited by Xandtar, 24 October 2012 - 08:53 AM.

bbbwh7.gif

#45 RaleighBuc

RaleighBuc

• Joined 12-January 11

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Can I just say, you guys have it good. Our city's professional Rugby League team has a new home/alternate Jersey every season. When I was a bit younger I used to get one every year but this year was the 1st time I bought one since I think 07. Anyway, here's our home jersey progression in recent times. Its money making stupidity.

Posted Image

As for the Bucs. I like the Creamsicle Jersey and it looked very good on Sunday, but I like the fact its a once a year thing. Im not sure I'd want it every week. Plus, how often do we actually win in it? Saying that, how often do we win in Pewter :D

I think most Rugby teams do that, if not all. I know that my boys in Connacht change theirs every year, which is a real shame, as last years Heineken Cup jerseys were perfect.

#46 tampabay4eva

tampabay4eva

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationSarasota, FL

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

I have been hoping for an updated uniform but would be very opposed to going back to the creamsicles. I love seeing them in the throwback game but not on a weekly basis.
Posted Image

#47 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

• Joined 12-September 12
  • LocationNew Bern, NC

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

I have been hoping for an updated uniform but would be very opposed to going back to the creamsicles. I love seeing them in the throwback game but not on a weekly basis.

Yeah I don't think anyone is hoping for a return to the throwback creamsicles but an updated uniform that includes that color scheme may be pretty cool. Honestly I think the Bucs have one of the better jerseys in the league so a change isn't necessary but it might be cool.

#48 great_lakes_buc

great_lakes_buc

• Joined 24-September 12
  • Locationbuffalo,ny

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

[quote name='OregonBuc' timestamp='1351021688' post='413634']
Posted Image

Love the patch on Bruce! The animal logos are awesome! The worst one is the Packers! an angry cheesehead? really?? :grinno:

#49 nybf

nybf

• Joined 25-September 12

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

On the old board, someone came up with a great mash-up of the old and new. I thought I saved it somewhere, but I can't find it.
Posted Image

#50 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Someone on the logo & uniform board just posted their concept of the Bucs with orange jerseys with pewter helmets and pants. It looks like it could work, and I can be fine with that. I just don't want a simple reversion to what we had from 1976-1996.
Posted Image

#51 Pewterslimsme

Pewterslimsme

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Someone on the logo & uniform board just posted their concept of the Bucs with orange jerseys with pewter helmets and pants. It looks like it could work, and I can be fine with that. I just don't want a simple reversion to what we had from 1976-1996.

Don't post a pic, just describe it.
Posted Image

#52 BlackChuckTays

BlackChuckTays

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Teitan

Teitan

• Joined 13-April 12

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

That's pretty badass!

#54 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

• Joined 12-September 12
  • LocationNew Bern, NC

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

Sick man. I like that a lot.

#55 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

That's the pic I was talking about. Orange and pewter do look good together, so if that's the direction the Glazers want to take next year, I'm all for it. Maybe add a little red as an accent.
Posted Image

#56 nybf

nybf

• Joined 25-September 12

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

That looks like someone took the current logo and left it under their back windshield since the inception, pulled it out, and said "Someone will like this crap." Then they added that stupid font.
Posted Image

#57 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Posted Image

That's exactly what I was talking about, except use white instead of pewter. But the pewter with the creamsicle looks a lot better than I had thought.
Posted Image

#58 Bucs2theSB

Bucs2theSB

• Joined 12-September 10

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

I think that looks terrible, and I like the idea of a pewter/creamsicle jersey.
Posted Image

#59 HamBone

HamBone

"Lo! thou art indeed a madman!"

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Posted Image

That's actually not too bad.

#60 BlackChuckTays

BlackChuckTays

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

I think it's okay, but I still prefer the red and pewter.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users