Welcome to The Unofficial Bulletin Board of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to TBayBucs.com, the unofficial and independent message board of your Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You will need to register or login before you may post. If this is your first time on TBayBucs.com, you may refer to our Help Section as a reference for navigating our forums. If you need any assistance, please email us at admin@tbaybucs.com.

Go Bucs!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Possible logo/uniform change for next year?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000
  • Members
  • 500 posts
  • LocationToo far from Tampa Bay

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community

The above link is to a thread on a uniform message board I'm apart of regarding possible logo/uniform changes for NFL teams next year. One of the posters apparently has inside info as to logo/identity packages for all 32 NFL teams. He (or she) said that all teams have given the go-ahead for Nike to start designing next year's apparel, except four. Three of the teams are Miami, Minnesota, and Jacksonville, all of which have either confirmed or have rumors concerning logo/uniform changes for next year. The poster also said that the two teams who delayed in giving the go-ahead for apparel designs last year were Seattle and Carolina, who ended up having new uniforms and logos, respectively.

The surprise fourth team is the Bucs. In the subsequent posts, the poster tries to calm people by saying that it could just mean a minor change (logo tweak, making the ship logo the primary, etc.), but he doesn't say that the delay could be totally unrelated to a possible change.

Though I think we have one of the best logo and uniform sets in the league, it is 16 years old with absolutely no change whatsoever. Even teams with undoubtedly classic designs have gone through slight tweaks here and there. It also doesn't surprise me all that much, considering it seems as if the Glazers have been really trying to get the idea of a "New era in Tampa Bay" (my term, as far as I know) across to fans. Don't get your hopes up too much, but this still is an interesting talking point.

Btw: The link should take you to the point in the thread where the Bucs are first being discussed.

Edited by BucsFan6000, 23 October 2012 - 09:26 AM.

Posted Image

#2 BigSombrero

BigSombrero
  • Members
  • 1,596 posts
  • LocationNew Bern, NC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Interesting stuff. Uniform changes do seem to excite fan bases. That coupled with the outlook of a healthy and offseason improved Bucs may be just the thing that this fan base needs. Cool.

Edited by BigSombrero, 23 October 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#3 real bucs fan

real bucs fan
  • Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

I do hope it's only minor tweaks, as I do think the Bucs got some of the best threads in the league.

#4 BlackChuckTays

BlackChuckTays
  • Members
  • 5,847 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Get rid of the stupid collar.
Posted Image

#5 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

The alternative would be a HUGE neck ring stripe. Take a look at what the Texans have now. I prefer how we chose to do it.

We could beg Nike to get rid of the flywire completely, like a few other teams successfully did, but I don't think Nike would oblige.
Posted Image

#6 BlackChuckTays

BlackChuckTays
  • Members
  • 5,847 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

The alternative would be a HUGE neck ring stripe. Take a look at what the Texans have now. I prefer how we chose to do it.

We could beg Nike to get rid of the flywire completely, like a few other teams successfully did, but I don't think Nike would oblige.

Yeah, the Texan's collar is horrendous. I'd much prefer that we just stick to the normal collar, though. Much better look.
Posted Image

#7 Bucs2theSB

Bucs2theSB
  • Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Going back to creamsicle orange full-time
Posted Image

#8 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Going back to creamsicle orange full-time

I sincerely hope not. But I'm afraid it's more likely than people think.
Posted Image

#9 BigSombrero

BigSombrero
  • Members
  • 1,596 posts
  • LocationNew Bern, NC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

http://sportscrackle...iforms-by-nike/

http://www.footballs...ic.php?t=486375

http://www.flickr.co...N03/5314319753/

Pretty crazy Nike concepts. But like other have said, I don't think anything that big will be happening.

Edited by BigSombrero, 23 October 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#10 Bucs2theSB

Bucs2theSB
  • Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

I sincerely hope not. But I'm afraid it's more likely than people think.

At first look, it wouldn't make sense to as the Glazers are the ones who first pushed for new uni's and a new stadium to go with their "new-look bucs", but the throwback games have been a success in terms of merchandise sales and stadium attendance.

Perhaps the "change" won't be a complete change to the orange, but new uni's that incorporate more orange into them, moreso than they do right now.
Posted Image

#11 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

http://sportscracklepop.com/2010/11/19/are-these-seriously-the-new-nfl-uniforms-by-nike/

http://www.footballs...ic.php?t=486375

http://www.flickr.co...N03/5314319753/

Pretty crazy Nike concepts. But like other have said, I don't think anything that big will be happening.

Yeah, those were all just fan-made concepts. Most of which were made by members of the board I linked to. Ultimately, I agree that I don't think much will be happening. I think we may see a change to the wordmark that has been used in all the new ads, though.
Posted Image

#12 HamBone

HamBone

"Lo! thou art indeed a madman!"

• Members
  • 12,598 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

This

#13 NanoBuc

NanoBuc
  • Members
  • 4,034 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Posted Image

perdy
Posted Image

#14 Xandtar

Xandtar

Never bet the avatar

• Members
  • 4,105 posts
  • LocationIn the land of cotton

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Lemme make a prediction, since it's wild guessing time...

Creamsickle orange, lots of it.

Pewter Helmet with orange Buccaneer Bruce

Pirate ship still on the arms, flag on the hip

Completely ugly

Edited by Xandtar, 23 October 2012 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#15 nybf

nybf
  • Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hopefully we go back to the orange. Then people can cry endlessly for a throwback game, and after 10 years, the Glazers can give in, bringing the red and pewter back one week a year. And then everyone can talk about how great those uniforms were and how there never should have been a switch back.
Posted Image

#16 2.0

Holier Than Thou

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

When are we wearing our alternate black uniforms?
Posted Image

#17 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Not until we stop having throwback games...or the NFL adopts an NCAA-type uniform policy.
Posted Image

#18 2.0

Holier Than Thou

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Not until we stop having throwback games...or the NFL adopts an NCAA-type uniform policy.

It was a joke
Posted Image

#19 BucsFan6000

BucsFan6000
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

It was a joke

Woops, sorry. I hear so many people clamor for them nowadays, that it's hard to tell all the time.
Posted Image

#20 nybf

nybf
  • Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

That's racist.
Posted Image

#21 great_lakes_buc

great_lakes_buc
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • Locationbuffalo,ny

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

My fave is the Bucs of course. But I also like the Bengals & the Patriots uniforms. :thumb:

#22 Teitan

Teitan
  • Members
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

I just hope they tweak the a little. I love the Seahawks uniforms.

#23 A Man's Part

A Man's Part

Notorious Bum Driller

• Members
  • 7,285 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Styles change so frequently from a decade to decade basis, so you have 2 choices

- Never Change Uniform

Result: Your uniform is a classic!(Packers, Steelers, etc..)

- Change Uniform every 10 years

Result: $$$$, very forgettable uniforms.

#24 tampabay4eva

tampabay4eva
  • Members
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationSarasota, FL

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

They have the new black jerseys at Champs. Pretty cool looking.
Posted Image

#25 Captain Fear

Captain Fear
  • Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Creamsicle jersey. Pewter pants.

#26 RaleighBuc

RaleighBuc
  • Members
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

This talk doesn't actually mean a change in the uniform, it is for apparel which means that there is going to be some kind of change to the logo. I could simply mean they are putting an orange outline on the logo and that is it.

Now Personally I do hope that they are going back to Bucco Bruce, as I much prefer the old uniforms.

#27 AmbushBuc

AmbushBuc
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I too would like to see a return to the old uni's. I don't think that's going to happen though. I've never really warmed up to the pewter coloring.

#28 Bucs2theSB

Bucs2theSB
  • Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

BucsFan6000, has someone over there designed a bucs jersey that is pewter in color but with red numbering and orange outline to those numbers?

Would look sweet
Posted Image

#29 OregonBuc

OregonBuc
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Posted Image

I think that the Bucs logo here is a great compromise between old and new. Pewter and orange. It's Bucco Bruce, without the effeminate 1970's look.

I'd be more than happy to sport this on our helmets.
Posted Image

#30 KILLABUC24

KILLABUC24
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationStationed in Vegas

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

NO THANKS!! It's nice to see our roots come out once a year....but thats the most I want to see the old colors. Hope it is no more than just a tweek in 2013!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users