Welcome to The Unofficial Bulletin Board of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to TBayBucs.com, the unofficial and independent message board of your Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You will need to register or login before you can post. If this is your first time on TBayBucs.com, you may refer to our Help Section as a reference for navigating our forums. If you need any assistance, please email us at admin@tbaybucs.com.

Go Bucs!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Voluntary Mini Camp

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#88 TrueBUC55

TrueBUC55

Lurking. . . .

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationWhiteside, Illinois

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Just looks like he isn't wearing shoulder pads to me.

Posted Image
Last year without pads.

To me it looks like he slimmed down a tad. I could be wrong though :P

#89 Dr.Doom

Dr.Doom

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

I really enjoy that Schiano appears to be going at the Practice Drills with Military Precision...That is definitely a way to get results, and a something I wish more NFL coaches did. If you really want to reveal someone's character, mental toughness, and thought process...but them through Team-based Military drills...like those used for the US Engineers Corp. Everything has to be precise, and on time. Its very complex.

One thing that will be interested in the coming months...

Watch for Safety Devin Holland to make a splash. From what Ive seen and heard buzzing around OBP, DB Coach Ron Cooper was spending alot of time with Holland during the Safety Drills and around the facility and will be the main competition for Cody Grimm for Starting Strong Safety.

Cooper was reported to be impressed with Devin Holland when they faced off 2 years ago back during the LSU Vs McNeese State game (LSU won by alot), but Devin Holland locked down the entire right side of the field and during their scoring drives, LSU would always run the ball to the left side, away from Holland.

Should be interesting.
Posted Image

#90 JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I AM THE LAW!

• Joined 25-October 10
  • LocationMega-City One

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Dezmon Briscoe has been a no-show for the first two days of Buccaneers voluntary workouts.

We don't understand the details because we don't watch "Basketball Wives," but there is a story on the internet about Briscoe that can be easily accessed via a Google search. It appears he's having personal problems. Regardless, the absence and unnecessary notoriety is unlikely to go over well with the Buccaneers' new coaching staff. Briscoe is not a lock to make the Bucs' roster.
Posted Image

#91 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Barber has been getting work at safety during the Bucs' minicamp.
"It's really no different than me playing down in the box all these years," he said. "It's not much of a transition. It's just slowing my feet down from 'corner feet' to 'safety feet'.. nothing I can't handle, if need be."
It certainly sounded both from Barber and head coach Greg Schiano that the move is, without officially being made, certainly of high probablility.
The team only has four safeties currently on the roster and just one (Cody Grimm) has an NFL start to his credit.
Schiano said Barber has handled the idea with the ultimate professionalism.
"In my short time with Ronde, he is the epitome of a pro football player," Schiano said. "I like what I see out there. I don't know if that's where he'll stay or not, but I really like the way he's attacking it, and I think he can do it."

After reports emerged Tuesday that Aqib Talib was on the trading block, head coach Greg Schiano addressed the situation following afternoon practice.
While establishing that he generally does not respond to all rumors, Schiano wanted to clear things up -- saying the report (from pewterreport.com) is not true.
"All I can tell you is, there's absolutely zero thinking on our part as far as wanting to do that. I want him to be a Buc," Schiano said. "I don't know how that all got started, but no there's no truth to that."
According to the report Tampa Bay had floated Talib's availability around the league, but had no takers.
Talib has had numerous issues, both on the field and off -- he has a court date later this summer which may impact his ability to suit up.
"I understand there's been issues before I arrived. But I am really hopeful that that clears itself up because, since I've met him for the first time he's done everything I've asked," said Schiano.

Posted Image

#92 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

The oft-injured Gerald McCoy was beaming Tuesday, his first chance to talk to the media during the Bucs' three-day minicamp.
"Put in a lot of work this offseason," McCoy said. "(My trainers) got me back right."
He said he's "getting there" as far as being fully ready to participate in football activity.
Minicamp is more of getting familiar with plays than physical contact, and so McCoy was able to run through drills along with everyone else.
He only played six games last season before suffering a torn biceps for the second time in his career.
"I'm practicing, if that's any indication of where I'm at. But I will say this, by training camp I will be 110 (per cent)," McCoy told the press Tuesday.
McCoy also commented on new head coach Greg Schiano.
"He's re-establishing order, and he's doing it immediately. Nobody's exempt," McCoy said, clearly pleased with the developments.

Posted Image

#93 TundraBuc

TundraBuc

*shiver*

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Dezmon Briscoe has been a no-show for the first two days of Buccaneers voluntary workouts.

We don't understand the details because we don't watch "Basketball Wives," but there is a story on the internet about Briscoe that can be easily accessed via a Google search. It appears he's having personal problems. Regardless, the absence and unnecessary notoriety is unlikely to go over well with the Buccaneers' new coaching staff. Briscoe is not a lock to make the Bucs' roster.

1 day missing...I am willing to have sympathy for him

2 days? Get your *** to work dude
Posted Image

#94 Clayton80past

Clayton80past

• Joined 01-August 10

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Briscoe has been noted to have a less-than-desirable work ethic in the past.

If he doesn't change that, he'll be out the door. He has a lot of talent, but that won't get you far. We have a couple of wide receivers on the team who could emerge as equal talents (Parker, Stroughter, Webber, Gant).
Posted Image

#95 Hatter

Hatter

Honor and Glory to the Lamb.....He is coming

• Joined 06-May 10
  • Location“Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city" - Isaiah 17

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Its Webber and Gant I want to see, more Webber.
Posted Image

#96 Teitan

Teitan

• Joined 13-April 12

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Gant was great in preseason last year I was surprised to see he didn't make it. I hope he shows out again this year. I'm interested to seeing what webber offers

#97 TundraBuc

TundraBuc

*shiver*

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Did a little research on Mr. Briscoe tonight, here's a brief summary:

Girlfriend tweeted baby mama about meeting Dez Jr.

Baby mama responded by posting alleged 'sex'ts from Briscoe to baby mama, all of which look incredibly fake. It seems as though she was getting a majority of these texts from some other dude, and changed the name to 'Desmond'

Girlfriend laughs at these tweets, believing they're fake.

Dez just tweeted a couple minutes ago...it seems that he actually did send the texts, just to 'stay on her (baby mama) good side'...cites personal reasons for being absent to camp.

Conclusion: **** this guy, and his drama. We don't need it, and he's not nearly talented enough to justify it.
Posted Image

#98 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

I've been a big fan of Briscoe, I think he can be a great 3rd or 4th WR. But if he's going to have this (PUBLICIZED) drama off the field, then give his spot to someone else.
Posted Image

#99 Teitan

Teitan

• Joined 13-April 12

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Dez just tweeted that he would be with his teammates Monday.

@DezBriscoe89: I'm done now. Looking forward to being with my teammates Monday. Everyone that knows me know I'ma team player till I die. No individuals

Edited by Teitan, 18 April 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#100 BannedBucFan

BannedBucFan

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationClearwater, FL

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Dez just tweeted that he would be with his teammates Monday.

@DezBriscoe89: I'm done now. Looking forward to being with my teammates Monday. Everyone that knows me know I'ma team player till I die. No individuals

Too bad the team he plays for is his "babys momma" and his g/f rather than the Bucs.

#101 UMiamiBucFan

UMiamiBucFan

• Joined 17-September 10

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

I really enjoy that Schiano appears to be going at the Practice Drills with Military Precision...That is definitely a way to get results, and a something I wish more NFL coaches did. If you really want to reveal someone's character, mental toughness, and thought process...but them through Team-based Military drills...like those used for the US Engineers Corp. Everything has to be precise, and on time. Its very complex.

One thing that will be interested in the coming months...

Watch for Safety Devin Holland to make a splash. From what Ive seen and heard buzzing around OBP, DB Coach Ron Cooper was spending alot of time with Holland during the Safety Drills and around the facility and will be the main competition for Cody Grimm for Starting Strong Safety.

Cooper was reported to be impressed with Devin Holland when they faced off 2 years ago back during the LSU Vs McNeese State game (LSU won by alot), but Devin Holland locked down the entire right side of the field and during their scoring drives, LSU would always run the ball to the left side, away from Holland.

Should be interesting.

Who knows...maybe this is the different direction that Tanard Jackson was talking about. I wouldn't be shocked to see him wind up a starter sooner or later. His size/speed combo is perfect for a safety and
his instincts in coverage have been pretty good. As long as we don't use him as a gunner.
Posted Image

#102 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

'The Grass Isn't Greener'- M. Dominik

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, FL

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

If there is anyone who can be a distraction, its Briscoe...his baby mama and his new GF, Royce Reed aka baby mama herself to NBA superstar Dwight Howard is also on that show basketball wives...that chick brings trouble where ever she goes and as we've seen, its already taken Briscoe away from a voluntary camp.....Dez if you can hear me, cut bait!

#103 lachyrm

lachyrm

• Joined 07-May 10
  • LocationPretoria, SA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Dez if you can hear me, cut bait!

If Dez doesn't see it, I'm sure Dom will pass on the message for you.
Posted Image

#104 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

Posted Image

facebook comment on that Quincy Black photo: "Look son, I don't care if it hurts! You have to hit someone at some point!"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by pewterpirates, 19 April 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Posted Image

#105 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

Who is this KID?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Who is this KID?

Posted Image

I could be wrong, but I believe that would be WR coach PJ Fleck..

#107 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

If Dez doesn't see it, I'm sure Dom will pass on the message for you.

Might have to come to that...that woman is like the plague

#108 bucincharlotte

bucincharlotte

• Joined 17-May 10

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

again, I know I am potentially blowing up little nothings and over-excited about this - but have you guys noticed that in many pictures of Schiano at camp he has a pen and paper in hand? Again - I might eat my words, but this little "detail" is really great for me to see as it indicates that he is constantly evaluating and keeping notes for himself. Every successful leader I have worked under has a little notebook for keeping little memos to himself or herself about things they need to accomplish and making commentary on how things work or don't work.

/coach crush...for now.

bucpj1.jpg

#109 BucsNDeadlifts

BucsNDeadlifts

• Joined 11-October 10

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

I could be wrong, but I believe that would be WR coach PJ Fleck..

Not Fleck, Fleck can be found somewhere in these photos though (randomly saw him while looking at all the pics)

Not sure who that is.

#110 Swashbuckler

Swashbuckler

BLJ gave me cancer!

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationThe high seas

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

again, I know I am potentially blowing up little nothings and over-excited about this - but have you guys noticed that in many pictures of Schiano at camp he has a pen and paper in hand? Again - I might eat my words, but this little "detail" is really great for me to see as it indicates that he is constantly evaluating and keeping notes for himself. Every successful leader I have worked under has a little notebook for keeping little memos to himself or herself about things they need to accomplish and making commentary on how things work or don't work.

/coach crush...for now.

I've noticed the same and it's exciting to see. It could be his teaching style but he DOES have a long ways to go with this team. It's one thing to look at game tape and take notes and it's another to look at tendencies of a person during practice. Coach probably won't know every last detail about the team he has inherited and all of the players on it until the end of the year. But it won't surprise me if it's long before then too.

I think an 8-8 season is a reasonable goal for coach Schiano's freshman campaign.

It seems so surreal to see this guy we had never heard of til now coaching the team. It almost feels out of place but not necessarily in a bad way
Posted Image

#111 bucincharlotte

bucincharlotte

• Joined 17-May 10

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

It seems so surreal to see this guy we had never heard of til now coaching the team. It almost feels out of place but not necessarily in a bad way

Again, I may be over-reacting, but I'm not ashamed to say that I feel like I know Schiano better than I ever knew Raheem. In his college career, he actually did some noble and notable things. In his pressers, Schiano actually says things that indicate thought, knowledge, and intent. I am not excited arbitrarily, I am excited based on what my observations have been from his press conferences and the things I have read coming out of this voluntary workout. Some may want to hedge their bets, but I am full on the train.

bucpj1.jpg

#112 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Schiano said he was encouraged by the attitude and energy of the players in mini-camp. He said Dekoda Watson is an explosive athlete.

Schiano said he needs more time to see if Mason Foster will remain at MLB and that Quincy Black saw some time at WLB.
Posted Image

#113 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

That was a short press conference.
Posted Image

#114 Teitan

Teitan

• Joined 13-April 12

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Looks like he runs real practices. I went to several of the open practices last year and Raheem just went around chest bumping and goofing around at different stations. Didn't look like he was observing things going on. This is a pleasant change

#115 Moose18

Moose18

• Joined 27-January 12

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Not Fleck, Fleck can be found somewhere in these photos though (randomly saw him while looking at all the pics)

Not sure who that is.

That is Jeff Hafley, assistant DB Coach. Not sure how great of an actual coach he is (and I suppose that is all that really matters in the NFL) but he is a great guy and a phenomonal recruiter. He was the one coach RU fans least wanted to lose. A few years in the NFL gaining coaching experience, combined with his personality and recruiting ability, this guy is going to be a Division 1 Head Coach very soon.

Edited by Moose18, 19 April 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#116 pewterpirates

pewterpirates

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

That is Jeff Hafley, assistant DB Coach. Not sure how great of an actual coach he is (and I suppose that is all that really matters in the NFL) but he is a great guy and a phenomonal recruiter. He was the once coache RU fans least wanted to lose. A few years in the NFL gaining coaching experience, combined with his personality and recruiting ability, this guy is going to be a Division 1 Head Coach very soon.

Looks like he's about 22 years old.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users