Welcome to The Unofficial Bulletin Board of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to TBayBucs.com, the unofficial and independent message board of your Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You will need to register or login before you can post. If this is your first time on TBayBucs.com, you may refer to our Help Section as a reference for navigating our forums. If you need any assistance, please email us at admin@tbaybucs.com.

Go Bucs!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Daughter's First game vs. the Panthers

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: looking for advice: (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I take my daughter to her first Buc's game with our team being so sucky?

1. Take her and enjoy one or two quarters. the tickets were free who cares. (17 votes [62.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

2. stay home because it'll ruin football for her forever to see our team play like hot garbage. (10 votes [37.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bucincharlotte

bucincharlotte

• Joined 17-May 10

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

So I was given two lower level seats for the Bucs. V. Panthers December 24th. My 6yr old is superstoked about going to her first Bucs game - even going so far as to memorize player's names and talk to me about it. It's really sweet. But I feel like I should save her from herself and not go b/c it is going to be a disaster. At the same time - it would be fun dad-daugheter bonding Any input?
Posted Image

#2 JJRedick7

JJRedick7

T to the rey

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

Why not see what the interim can do?
Posted Image

#3 Jmiller21kg

Jmiller21kg

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

It'll be a fun experience win or lose. Don't pass up tickets man
Posted Image

#4 FairWEATHER

FairWEATHER

• Joined 27-September 10

Save her soul while you still can, cheer for the panthers, they clearly have a brighter future.

#5 phantom phenom

phantom phenom

• Joined 19-December 10

Cheer for Panthers instead? lol
Posted Image

#6 nhbucsfan

nhbucsfan

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

She'll be excited no matter what is going on on the field.
Posted Image

#7 Xandtar

Xandtar

Never bet the avatar

• Joined 09-May 10
  • LocationIn the land of cotton

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

Take her. She's too young to imprint as a Panthers fan which this upcoming game could establish if she were 9 or 10.

Instead she'll remember the everything else about going to your first NFL game.
Posted Image

#8 Bucs2theSB

Bucs2theSB

• Joined 12-September 10

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Save her soul while you still can, cheer for the panthers, they clearly have a brighter future.

Written in stone.

And bucincharlotte, you should go. It'd be a great experience for your daughter. Her first Bucs game, don't you remember yours?
Posted Image

#9 2.0

Holier Than Thou

• Joined 05-May 10
  • Location'Murica

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Take her, maybe she gets the head coaching job.
Posted Image

#10 csgisback

csgisback

fear the beard....and yes rap still sucks

• Joined 11-December 11
  • Locationmy house

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

if you take her i will call children protective services on you for child abuse....no child should have to be put through this
Posted Image

#11 Bucball

Bucball

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

As long as you can have a positive attitude no matter the out come, than I say take her. If shes stoked and really wants to go than go. Just don't show any negativity if the Bucs start losing.

#12 Bucs2theSB

Bucs2theSB

• Joined 12-September 10

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

Hey if the Bucs lose, then you can take her out for her favorite treat and she'll always remember you for it.
Posted Image

#13 Koll

Koll

• Joined 11-September 11

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Take her, she'll have a great time win or lose.

My first game was in 1995 against the Lions, we lost 37-10 but I still had a great time and have been rooting for the Bucs since.

#14 King of Crunk

King of Crunk

In The Sporting Goods Section With Courtney

• Joined 05-May 10

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Doesn't matter. If you're asking queries like this now, you have no capabilities to save them from the pole later.

#15 Ludicrous_Speed

Ludicrous_Speed

Han shot first!

• Joined 06-May 10

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

Take her fishing instead.

#16 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

'The Grass Isn't Greener'- M. Dominik

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, FL

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Take her! She's a child. She will enjoy it no matter what. The game experience is great..my kids love going...trust me, she will love it. She will cheer, have a great time, everything..the joy she will have from being there will help take away the sting and disappointment if we get blown out again.
Posted Image

#17 tbf

tbf

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationNY

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

I took my daughters to a Buffalo game a few years back. Bucs sucked then too. We stayed the whole game but, for being 12 and 10, they were a little bored from the Bucs doing nothing. The Bills fans were actually really cool and other than a few smack comments here and there, they were friendly. My kids wanted some souvenirs to take home so I got them a Bucs hat, but they wanted something from the Bills too. Despite my no, no, no, I ended up getting them a #1 finger that said Bills. I thought it was cool to share hotdogs and sodas at a NFL game with my kids. Even if it was in Buffalo.
Posted Image

#18 FreeBallN5

FreeBallN5

• Joined 14-November 10
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

Honestly just take her. If the game starts getting out of hand just start exploring the stadium and the scenery, I've never been to Charlotte but I know here in Seattle one could walk around almost the entire game and not even watch football and still be entertained. Especially if the tickets were free.
Posted Image

#19 bucincharlotte

bucincharlotte

• Joined 17-May 10

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

thanks for all of your input. we'll be headed out in a couple of hours! daughter is sooo stoked.
Posted Image

#20 Dolorous Jason

Dolorous Jason

Do not mention she who must not be named.

• Joined 03-January 11
  • LocationTampa

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

If you have any ounce of love in your heart for your daughter , you will keep her at home...
Posted Image

#21 bucincharlotte

bucincharlotte

• Joined 17-May 10

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

If you have any ounce of love in your heart for your daughter , you will keep her at home...

you have kids?
Posted Image

#22 Mountaineer Buc

Mountaineer Buc

Excellentia in Mediocris

• Joined 05-May 10
  • Locationhere

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

you have kids?

He would have to find a wife first.

You and your little girl have a great time today.
Posted Image

#23 bucincharlotte

bucincharlotte

• Joined 17-May 10

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

He would have to find a wife first.

You and your little girl have a great time today.

lol. thanks for saving me from some jackass smackdown. we are looking forward to it. just had to tell the middle one that she isn't going...tears.
Posted Image

#24 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

'The Grass Isn't Greener'- M. Dominik

• Joined 05-May 10
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, FL

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

Have a great time. Your daughter will enjoy it and she will be oblivious to the fact that we suck on the field..
Posted Image

#25 Queeny

Queeny

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationRehoboth Beach, DE

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

Any time you spend with her she will treasure and hopefully in a few years you will both laugh at how bad the Bucs are now. She will have her very own war stories as a young Buc fan! Also, having her there will soften the blow for you if we get blown out. Have a great time. :thumb:
Posted Image

#26 mightyleemoon

mightyleemoon

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

• Joined 08-May 10

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

About to head out as well. If you're putting her in Buc gear, hopefully Panthers fans will be respectful. My experiences have been mostly negative with people here in Charlotte. Unless the Bucs win, in which case they never say a word. But, when the Panthers are winning, these people start acting like they're from Philly. This is by far the worst place I watch Bucs road games. (New Orleans and Chicago being the best)

#27 Bonesaw123

Bonesaw123

• Joined 07-May 10
  • LocationWhere the Land Yacht takes me...

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

Just explain that when the game's over, the big bad man wearing number one cannot hurt the Bucs anymore this year...

Take her for a walk around if the game suddenly fails to deliver...

...And buy her whatever she wants...

Mementos are a constant reminder of what Da's mean to their little girls at big events.
Posted Image

#28 Ken Carson

Ken Carson

• Joined 06-May 10
  • Locationin the nation's capital

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

I remember my first Bucs game. I'm fairly certain that Barry Sanders set a rushing record against us, but I left a lifelong Bucs. And I got to be there knock the Lions out of the playoffs a couple of years later.
Posted Image

#29 Dolorous Jason

Dolorous Jason

Do not mention she who must not be named.

• Joined 03-January 11
  • LocationTampa

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

I've just reported Bucincharlotte to Child Protective Services for forcing his child into such a traumatically depressing expierence....

I refuse to stand idly by while an innocent child is subjected to the torment that is this footbal team.

Edited by Dolorous Jason, 24 December 2011 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Buc2

Buc2

• Joined 06-May 10
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hey, bucin. Can we visit you in rehab?

Sorry you had to experience this in person. I hope you were able to make the best of it with your daughter anyway. Unlike you, she probably won't remember the details in another year or two.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users