Talib in trouble again

• Please log in to reply
845 replies to this topic

#31 jonnychan

jonnychan
  • Members
  • 8,370 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

Bootz, any crime could be justified in this world if you look at it that way. At the end of the day, all that matters is if we are staying within the rules of the law to coexist.

We still know the surface of the issue, but if it gets proven that Talib was involved in all this and did all that, he needs to be behind bars.
Posted Image

#32 TerryTate

TerryTate
  • Members
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

I'm sorry about your friend...but this is exactly the reason I'm not going to get on Aqib in this...you cant act civil with uncivilized people. The police deemed the boyfriend uncivilized enough to arrest him for domestic violence..if you have the mental capacity to do so, forget for a second that he's a football player and put yourself in his shoes..

If he shot at the man trying to run away, that is over the line. But when you get into a life or death situation, sometimes you just don't think that clearly.

But, like you, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until some hard evidence shows up.
Posted Image

#33 PetePierson

PetePierson

Outlaw Pete

• Members
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

Are there really enough details to say that the boyfriend wasn't firing as well? I mean Yall are treating it as if Aqib went looking for the guy and Yall act like the boyfriend is an angel here..he was arrested so he did something wrong, which was hit the sister..the sister fired shots, according to the report, so the policy obviously saw that as self defense...people are so quick to condemn when they don't know a lot about the situation..

Funny how trouble always finds this piece of trash. But keep defending him, I am sure you are right and deep down Talib is really a swell guy.
Posted Image

#34 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

'The Grass Isn't Greener'- M. Dominik

• Members
  • 25,682 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

I agree if he did in fact cross the line, he should go to jail..I have no problem with that..but from the information given in the article and the fact that he wasn't arrested or charged with anything, I'm not going to jump the gun and dog him like everyone else..if you all trust the word of the boyfriend, who was arrested and has a history of hitting aqibs sister, be my guest...but I don't.
Posted Image

#35 PetePierson

PetePierson

Outlaw Pete

• Members
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

I agree if he did in fact cross the line, he should go to jail..I have no problem with that..but from the information given in the article and the fact that he wasn't arrested or charged with anything, I'm not going to jump the gun and dog him like everyone else..if you all trust the word of the boyfriend, who was arrested and has a history of hitting aqibs sister, be my guest...but I don't.

Oh yeah, Talib has so much more credibility. Again, solid point.

Let the animals kill each other. I'm fine with it.
Posted Image

#36 Captain Fear

Captain Fear
  • Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Gun control?

#37 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

• Members
  • 25,682 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

Oh yeah, Talib has so much more credibility. Again, solid point.

Let the animals kill each other. I'm fine with it.

Pete, I'm not saying trust aqib..I'm saying look at the facts..he wasn't arrested or charged...you're jumping the gun because of his past instead of objectively looking at the information
Posted Image

#38 JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I AM THE LAW!

• Members
  • 6,408 posts
  • LocationMega-City One

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

According to the report, Billings said Aqib produced a handgun and "attempted to strike him in the face." During the ensuing skirmish Talib dropped the gun and Billings picked it up and began runnning, prompting Okolo to produce a gun and fire three shots toward him. Billings told police that Talib then took Okolo's gun, said "I'll shoot him" and fired at least two shots before Billings safely ducked into nearby woods. Neighborhood witnesses corroborated Billings' story

\

My only question is if you were shot at and you are running away (for your life) how the heck do you know what the conversation behind you is about/being said? Either you run as fast as Byron Leftwhich and are still in ear shot or you have hearing like Superman.
Posted Image

#39 shpxjvg

shpxjvg

Role Model

• Members
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

Gun control?

As evidenced, clearly is not Talib's strong suit.

#40 JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I AM THE LAW!

• Members
  • 6,408 posts
  • LocationMega-City One

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

I'm sorry but the boyfriends report reads as fiction.

I have no doubt that Talib definitely did something stupid. Probably even held the weapon at some point. But the story the way the boyfriend tells it is not how it went down.

This is going to be one to follow...
Posted Image

#41 deltbucs

deltbucs
  • Members
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Talib is a *****. He has to use a gun instead of his fist. Also sounds like he's a terrible shot with a hand gun....and we all know that he's one of the least intelligent players in the whole league. The poor kid just ended up with talent instead of smarts.
Posted Image

#42 shpxjvg

shpxjvg

Role Model

• Members
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

I'm sorry but the boyfriends report reads as fiction.

"Neighborhood witnesses corroborated Billings' story."

Maybe it's time to start tearing down the witnesses then. What the hell do they know, right? They were just there.

#43 Bootz2004

Bootz2004

• Members
  • 25,682 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

"Neighborhood witnesses corroborated Billings' story."

Maybe it's time to start tearing down the witnesses then. What the hell do they know, right? They were just there.

So they were in the house as well? The neighbors I mean..is that what you're saying?
Posted Image

#44 karlos

karlos
  • Members
  • 500 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

I´m not exactly sure what to make of this.. A story of a woman beating thug against a story of another thug.. I guess I´ll have to wait for official evidence before I make a judgement..

#45 MadCow

MadCow

Back on the roster.

• Members
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationWal Mart Parking Lot

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

he'll lawyer up and walk....still does not make him a good citizen. he's a POS
Posted Image

#46 JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I AM THE LAW!

• Members
  • 6,408 posts
  • LocationMega-City One

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

You really don't know WHAT it is they are corroborating do you? Shots were fired? That he picked up the gun? The Talib said what he said?

Corroborating, when used while investigating, merely means does not disprove or disputes testimony.

If all they "witnessed" was hearing gun shots while playing their Xbox, and they told the police that they heard gunshots then their story corroborates.

Secondly the police are still investigating, and it does not say THE POLICE REPORT SAYS THE EYE WITNESSES CORROBORATED THE STORY. The sentence is clearly ended and then the neighbor statement is made, a very classic reporting tactic used purposefully to build up a story. It could've very easily been the reporters that interviewed the witnesses and made the statement that says "the witnesses agree." And for anyone that knows about investigating, witnesses can quite easily be guided towards an answers and even have their memories completely reconstructed by suggestive questioning.

Like I said, there is still a lot of investigation left to be done. But by reading the boyfriend story it reads fake. No doubt based on some truth, as most good lies are, but reconstructed fiction none the less. Besides knowing what's happening and being said way back from the spot your running from, another common lie hint is over compensating with details. Like say.... giving a number of how many shots were fired as oppose to just "shots fired".

But mainly if you're running for your life, likely with your back towards the shooters, your not going to see who it was that pulls out the gun, takes the gun, says something or another, etc.
Posted Image

#47 buxter

buxter
  • Members
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationSarasota FL

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

Unlike his coverage, at least his behavior is a model of consistency.

Talib just rawks..

#48 Kress

Kress

Cunning linguist

• Members
  • 6,883 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

We might be spending a first on a CB afterall. He's going to at least be suspended for 4 games I would think.

There's no CBA right now, so technically no conduct policy. Just sayin'
Posted Image

#49 A Man's Part

A Man's Part

Notorious Bum Driller

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

I understand where you're coming from, family is the most important thing, and we don't know all of the details. But really. Do they have to bring guns into the picture? Can people not act civil? Hell, just use your fists or something to take care of the situation if it gets to it. But firing guns?.

Says the person from Texas

#50 Captain Fear

Captain Fear
  • Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

As evidenced, clearly is not Talib's strong suit.

nor is it America's.....

#51 A Man's Part

A Man's Part

Notorious Bum Driller

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

The boyfriend was the only one to say Aqib shot at him..According to this, neighbors called and said they say A BLACK FEMALE SHOOTING AT A BLACK MALE..

I'm just going to throw this out there, but you look an awful lot like a black female from several angles.

#52 Captain Fear

Captain Fear
  • Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

Doesn't make him a POS either.....

......just dumb.

#53 King of Crunk

King of Crunk

In The Sporting Goods Section With Courtney

• Members
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Gun control?

Definitely something Talib needs to work on seeing as how he lost gun after the pistol whipping and then proceeded to miss on every shot he took.

#54 zpanther

zpanther
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

Great....just great.

I will keep an open mind on this issue. It appears that he was protecting his sister and that there had been issues with this guy before. I may very well have done the same thing or something similiar in that situation. I would hope most of us would want to be there to protect our family.

That being said...............if the article is accurate..............the sister should be making some better choices regarding the men she hooks up with. Apparently this wasn't the first time there had been an issue with them. By the same token some guys can be hard to get rid of...........who knows.

Edited by zpanther, 28 March 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#55 TerryTate

TerryTate
  • Members
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

Talib is a *****. He has to use a gun instead of his fist. Also sounds like he's a terrible shot with a hand gun....and we all know that he's one of the least intelligent players in the whole league. The poor kid just ended up with talent instead of smarts.

If someone is beating up on my sister, I WILL shoot that person in the face. And to quote Eastwood, I'll sleep like a baby that night.

There's no CBA right now, so technically no conduct policy. Just sayin'

According to Goodell, the conduct policy is still in effect and punishments will be given out for current infractions when a new CBA is in place.
Posted Image

#56 BucStopsHere

BucStopsHere

once the gavel drops.....

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

:facepalm: ........... I don't really know what else to say...

Edited by BucStopsHere, 28 March 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#57 nhbucsfan

nhbucsfan
  • Members
  • 844 posts

Yes, he'll probably never do time, but he'll get convicted in the Court of Goodell eventually.
Posted Image

#58 Captain Fear

Captain Fear
  • Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

If someone is beating up on my sister, I WILL shoot that person in the face. And to quote Eastwood, I'll sleep like a baby that night.

Agreed.

#59 Sockapal

Sockapal
  • Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

Welcome to the team Jimmy Smith!
Posted Image

#60 Captain Fear

Captain Fear
  • Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

\

My only question is if you were shot at and you are running away (for your life) how the heck do you know what the conversation behind you is about/being said? Either you run as fast as Byron Leftwhich and are still in ear shot or you have hearing like Superman.

The dude says Okolo (I'm guessing the mom) fired 3 shots at him.......while he was running away. Then he somehow manages to see Talib take the pistol and hear him say "I'll shoot him" and Talib misses 2 more shots?.....and during this time HE also has a gun which he picked up during the "skirmish"?

1. If my sister is getting beat up on by a dude who has done this more than once and there's a gun sitting there, I would shoot his *** and claim self defense the whole way as I felt that my sister's life was in danger.

2. If I'm the dude getting shot at and I have a gun, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to turn my back and run away hoping that I'm going to be the luckiest son of a ***** in the world and not going to get hit by a bullet.

..........there's way more to this story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users